The Hello Bar is a simple web toolbar that engages users and communicates a call to action.

Grandparents Legal Rights

Who Else Wants To Gain Regular Visitation with Their Grandchildren?

Here is a Method That is Helping “Grandparents” to be “Successful”

The case may be as innocent as families who live for away from each other in distance or it may be as difficult as an adult parent not gettingalong with their own parents and therefore not allowing their child or children to see their grandparents. This often happens in the case of divorce and is quite a difficult situation for all involved.

The good news is that there are grandparents legal rights to see their grandchildren and if they choose to they can pursue legal help in an effort to exercise those rights. The first step for grandparents is to begin to research what their legal rights are, as this can vary from state to state. This may be especially difficult if your grandchild resides in a different state than you .

These two books represent the

largest volume of current information

and guidance available on this subject.

Grandparents Legal rights

Next you must determine if there is any legal reasons that you may pursue more than just grandparent visitation rights, are the circumstances there where you should take the next step and pursue grandparent custody? There is much to be considered at this step,

These books have helped thousands of Grandparents help their Grandchildren.

including: Is the parent abusing drugs or alcohol? Is the child frequently left alone? Is abuse suspected? Is the parent dealing with mental or emotional issues?

All of these things must be taken into consideration before further pursuing any legal action regarding custody. Sadly, the laws are strict and the process which a grandparent must go through in order to protect their grandchild can be lengthy and both financially and emotionally taxing on all parties involved.

It is important above all to seek proper legal advice. Every case is determined on a case by case basis, therefore you must pursue your rights through the proper channels in order to be taken seriously and for the results to ultimately end in your favor.

Take some time to evaluate your situation, attempting to remove your emotions from it, before moving forward, be sure to recognize what is and isn’t healthy for the child or children involved and then go forward taking the legal actions that may be necessary to establish the best situation and living arrangements for the child or children involved.

As a grandparent, you want what is best for your grandchildren and that is what you must remember as you engage yourself in this often long and discouraging road of obtaining legal rights to either visit or obtain custody of your grandchild. Grandparents legal rights are being put into place in most states.

Click Below For More Information

>>>>>>Custody Center<<<<<<<

Your Satisfaction Is
100% Guaranteed!

If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with this CUSTODY CENTER publication within the next 8 weeks… we will refund
every penny of the purchase price—

I hope you never have this problem but if you do be sure and search out your options. I hope that you found this information helpful and you can find must more at Grandparents Legal Rights I wish you all the best. Good luck with your grandchildren.

Jacquelyn Dunn

Article Source:

Jacquelyn Dunn - EzineArticles Expert Author

{ 15 comments… read them below or add one }

Cherie Ann Johnson April 26, 2011 at 6:42 am

I am a 50 yr.old grand-Mother,fighting brain cancer,but doing natural treatment & doing well.I had to get a 2 nd restraining order on my 27 yr.old son in Jan.’11.My husband (now in a retirement home with Dementia. My son & his wife of 1 yr.lived with us so they could get on their feet,my daughter-in-law has 2 other boys,4 & 8 yrs. old by 2 different fathers(which is fine) but they(after the baby was born,returned to their old “life style”& my husband was in the home and my son & his wife would not follow my rules.My son threatened my life several times & the police had to come so I could get out of the house safely to go to the courthouse.I have waited SO LONG for a grand-baby of my own,she turned 1 this mo. I know my doctor would be fine with me having her even up to a couple of wk.-ends a mo.I am doing much better away from the HORRIBLE stress my son had me under.He did call me,(even thou he wasn’t suppose to)HAD to talk to me,so I let him.He told me that a “friend” of their’s was giving them meth AGAIN,they had made it thru jail & probation already,I was so proud of them.They will get caught all on their own,but I want to know my grand-daughter,I haven’t seen her since Jan.7 th ’11,I’m trying to figure out how I go about this,sence they don’t want me in their life,afraid I’ll turn them in.I’m trying to find out how I get started on this.They are such cons,(the best) made it thru one CSD check already.What do I do?

jacquelyn May 14, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Cherie, Sorry for the things you are going through. Check out my resource page because it has a lot of links to places that may be able to help you. Every state has a little different laws so check the laws in your state. The information by state is very helpful.

Glenn September 25, 2011 at 7:46 am

I have 5 grandchildren who live in Tenn., with parents who are heavy drug users. I live in Ky. Do I have the right to take children across state line so I can get them to a safer and sable home? How is the fastest way to get them to live with me till parents hopefully get help and straigthen up their lifes so they can provide better life style for my grand children? Just don’t know where to start????

jacquelyn December 7, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Gleen, I also live in Kentucky and there is no quick way to achieve what you are talking about that I know of. I went to court and got grandparents rights to visitation but with wanting on lawyers and court dates it didn’t get into court for almost a year. Check out my resources page for some information you may find helpful and good luck. You may want to talk with an attorney if you feel the children are in danger.


Jennifer Bell January 16, 2012 at 6:21 am

please help me Im the grandmother from the father side. I have had my grandchild living with me. Now that the grandmother from the mother side has taken her over the weekend she has not returned her what should i do ?

Jennifer Bell 313 459-8257

Elizabeth February 2, 2012 at 3:11 am

I have a daughter I have twice rescued from an horribly abusive husband out of state and this time she delivered our granddaughter in calfornia out of fear of him. Once again he is wooing her back and it is terrifying to think she will take that baby there and something bad is going to happen!! I in no way want to raise another child but cannot just stand by and watch her literally risk this little baby’s life?! What can be done? If she were forced to get help she would see that it is bad like she does when she leaves….

jacquelyn February 9, 2012 at 9:10 am

Hi Elizabeth, I wish I could help you more but I am not an attorney. I to am a grandmother who has went through similar things. My son was killed in an auto accident and my daughter-in-law doesn’t always make wise choices.

I was use to seeing my grandchildren very often and have had to go to court to get visitation. It can be heart breaking.

What I would advise is for you to look over my resources page and there are a lot of public places where you can ask for legal advice and help.
You can find it here:
Other helpful links

I hope this helps in some way and let us know how it goes

jacquelyn February 9, 2012 at 9:12 am

Jennifer, I am so sorry that you are having these problems. Look at these pages and you should be able to find someone to give you legal advice and help.

Hope this helps and let me know how things go

angie February 12, 2012 at 9:00 am

i am a 42 year old grandmother,my son and this girl was going together,they had a child he was there from day 1,then she tells him ,when my grandson was 6 or 7 months,its someone elses,it like to have killed my son and myself,so he walked away………….then she comes up later and says she took a dna test with this guy…….and he was not the dad………………….so my son got a dna and he is the dad………………he paid child support from day 1…… grandson has my son last name………..but she want let us see him….what do we do?

angie February 12, 2012 at 9:02 am

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jacquelyn February 19, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Hi Angie, It is a very sad situation when we can’t see our grandchildren.I admire your son for being there. Take a look at my resource page and find the places you can start to get the visitation you deserve.


jacquelyn February 23, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Hi Angie, Please check out my resource page for information in your state about grandparents legal rights and this should point you in the right direction to finding the proper help.

Betty Cornelius October 15, 2012 at 10:02 am

I am denied access to my first grandchild and raising the second one

Betty Cornelius October 15, 2012 at 10:04 am

I am denied access to my first granddaughter and am raising the second one.

jacquelyn October 22, 2012 at 7:52 am

It is amazing how many grandparents are raising their grandchildren and a lot of people don’t even know this.
It has gotten to be a very bad situation that we as grandparents have to sometimes wonder if our grandchildren are feed and warm.
I admire you for stepping up and raising your granddaughter,these children need someone and who better than grandparents who love them

Leave a Comment

Hit Counter by Digits